Facts about Sweden:-
• Sweden is divided into 25 provinces and the capital city is Stockholm.
• Sweden is the third-largest country in the European Union by area.
• It has a low population density of 21 inhabitants per square kilometer.
• Sweden borders Norway and Finland and is connected to Denmark by a tunnel bridge.
• 86% of the population speaks English fluently.
• Swedish is the official language of Sweden.
• The Swedish Krona (SEK) is the currency of Sweden.
• Some of the famous cities in Sweden are:
Renowned Sweden based companies
Why study in Sweden:-
• High quality of education and research 2nd in the world after the USA*.
• International study environment.
• Innovative country.
• Safe and modern.
• Excellent quality of living.
• IELTS waiver is possible.
• No requirement of learning Swedish at the time of admission.
• One can speak English with everyone from the classroom to the city center.
• Many Degree Programs in Sweden include Internships.
• Good job opportunities.
• All students can work part-time 20 hours a week while studying.
• Well paid Internships.
* For Bachelors ‐ High school diploma (Mathematics in 12th std. mandatory), IELTS ‐ 6.0/TOEFL ‐ 85
* For Masters ‐ Bachelors degree, Work experience after graduation may be needed for few courses, IELTS ‐ 6.5/TOEFL ‐ 90.
* Average Fees are Rs. 10 ‐ 12 Lakhs per year
• International Management
• Social Science in Information Systems
• Engineering Management
• International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Digital Business
• International Financial Analysis
• Master program in Mechanical Engineering
Requirements for Sweden student’s Visa:-
• 2 recent passport photographs
• 2 copies of the passport (validity minimum 6 months from the date of entry)
• Acceptance letter from the university in Sweden
• 2 Copies of educational degrees; University/College/High school etc. (Attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country where studied)
• 2 Letters of confirmation from the sponsor of the studies
• 2 copies of the Bank statements for the last 6 months
(The applicant should be able to show an amount of SEK 8190 per
Month towards expenses of living and accommodation.)
Example: If an applicant intends to study for
– 18 months the student must have SEK 131040 (16 x SEK 8190)
– 24 months the student must have SEK 163800 (20 x SEK 8190)
• Health Insurance for students for at least 1 year.
• The savings account should be 6 months old.
• The funds should not be removed until the visa is delivered to the student. The funds will be verified by the embassy.
• The student has to provide a bank balance certificate and a statement from the bank. The balance certificate should have the phone number along with the STD code mentioned on the letterhead so that the embassy can call the bank’s branch and verify the details.
Sweden student’s visa:-
Visa procedure for Sweden:-
• After the student has received an offer letter from the University and paid the tuition fees, he has to apply online through portal of Swedish Migration
Agency ‐ https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private ‐ individuals/Studying ‐ in ‐ Sweden/Universities ‐and‐university‐college/How‐to‐apply.html
• After registration on the portal input all information, upload documents and pay visa fees of SEK 1000 (Rs. 8000 approx.)
• Living Expenses for 1 month of study is 8190 SEK. The student should have 10 months living expenses per year, i.e. 20 X 8190 = 163800 SEK (approx. 13 Lakhs INR) for 120 credits (2 Year) Program if traveling alone.
• After completion of the online application and payment of fees, the embassy will start processing the residence permit application. Students can visit the Embassy of Sweden at Chanakyapuri, New Delhi directly without an appointment with the original passport.
Biometrics (fingerprints) and photographs will be taken at the Embassy. There may be a short interview as well.
The decision will be mailed to the student directly.
Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, 4 ‐5 Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021. Tel: 011 44197100
• Wait till the decision is made and the visa card is delivered at his/her doorstep. The waiting period can be 1 ‐ 3 months.