⦁ Divided into 18 administrative regions with Paris as the capital.
⦁ Population:67 million.
⦁ World’s seventh-largest economy.
⦁ Ranked as one of the top tourist destinations in the world.
⦁ French in the official and prominent spoken language in France.
⦁ Euro is the official currency of France.
⦁ Some of the famous cities in France are :
Why study in France:-
* Post-study work Visa.
* Students are eligible upto2 years of post-study Work Visa on completion of the Master’s course and 1 year after the Bachelor Course.
* Subsidized accommodation by the Government.
* France is the only country in Europe that provide this benefit. All students are eligible on a case to case basis to apply for assistance and receive a subsidy on the cost of accommodation from 30%-50% of the rent from the French Government.
* No IELTS /TOEFL.
* IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for admission but having the same will have a positive impact on Visa outcome.
* Part-time jobs.
* Students can work up to 20 hours /week. Typical part-time earnings are Euros 10-12 per hour. Minimum Wage is Euro 9.88 per hour.
Every student is granted a specific Long Stay Visa for study purpose in France. However, as the country falls within the Schengen area a student has the liberty to visit any Schengen countries as a visitor for tourism purposes.
Why study in France?
* Free French Language Courses
* French classes provided by many Government organizations for free. Enrolment fees are typically around Euros 5-10. Duration remains 2-3 hours a day. It is part of the curriculum courses for which exams are conducted and students awarded a certificate for their French knowledge level.
* Low-cost transportation.
* Transportation passes costs Euros 35 /month for students who are below 25 years of age, else it’s around Euros 45 to 50 /month
Internship opportunities in Multinational Companies.
* Most of the companies have inbuilt 4-6 months internship which may be paid or unpaid. Paid internships may come with a stipend of approx.500 Euros per month.
Two Intakes :
* Summer –January/February * Winter-September /October
General deadlines for applications:-
* Summer-Upto 15th November * Winter – Upto 15th July
Some institutions accept the applications even after the deadlines.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATIONS:-
⦁ Duly filled application form (Soft copy applications)
⦁ CV/Resume with contact details, Skype ID and email id for the students
⦁ Marksheet of 10th, 12th and Graduation
⦁ Degree certificate
⦁ Two Letter of Reference
⦁ Statement of Purpose
⦁ Copy of passport first and last page
⦁ Application fees payment receipt /credit card details (In case there are an applications fees)
⦁ Passport size photograph.
All documents are required in soft copies for an application.
⦁ Provide an updated mobile number, email ID and Skype ID of the student as the same will be required for the same for the student’s interview.
⦁ Intimate that the students that he /she will be interviewed by the institution representative and prepare the students to face it to reduce the chances of rejection.
France student visa:-
Candidate has to face an interview for France Student Visa
⦁ Campus France Interview:-This is an academic interview to be attended in person at the Campus of France. Besides the copies of academic documents are attested against the original documents.
⦁ VFS France:-Documents submission for Student Visa.
France Visa Procedure
⦁ Step 1: Register online
⦁ Step 2:Appointment with a Campus France Education Advisor
⦁ Step 3:Appointment at VFS France
VISA and Fee payment:-
Fee payment procedure
⦁ Fees of INR 15,500 needs to be paid online after submission of the online Campus France application form.
⦁ Submit the payment acknowledgment slip to the Campus France office on the day of the academic interview.
There is a separate Visa fee to be paid in cash at VFS France is EURO 50 (approx Rs.4202 )
VFS Service Charges of Rs.1676
Courier Charge of Rs.450/-
A convenience fee of Rs 150/-
Note: Cash is accepted at VFRs.The duration of the entire process varies from two weeks to a month depending on the time of the year. Visa Applications files earlier than three months before the scheduled date of the departure will not be accepted.
Documents Required For France Student Visa :-
PROOF OF RESOURCES :-