FACTS ABOUT UNITED KINGDOM:-
- Capital : London
- Popular Cities : London, Manchester, Sheffield, Edinburg, Newcastle, Glasgow.
- Travel Time from India : 9 hours by flight
- Currency : Pound Sterling
WHY WE SHOULD SUGGEST STUDENTS GO FOR HIGHER STUDIES TO UK?
- Education is of High Quality and internationally recognized.
- UK Institutions are consistently ranked among the best in the World.
- The UK has vast experience of hundreds of years of Education.
- Value for money.
- Shorter & more intensive courses.
- Excellent and World-Class Academic and Educational facilities.
- More than 130+ Universities to choose from.
- Offers a broad spectrum of subjects.
- UK Education is affordable.
- A popular destination for Indian students.
- 20 hours per week of part-time job during studies for degree courses.
- 10 hours per week of part-time job during studies for diploma courses.
- Full-time job during holidays (40 hrs. per week)
- Scholarships and Bursaries are available.
- Student discount facilities.
- World Class Qualification.
- Large areas of Specialization.
- Flexible programs.
- 2000 courses to choose from.
- Courses with paid internship available
- Courses are updated annually.
The biggest advantage of UK Education in comparison to other educational destinations worldwide is that up provides shorter durations programs.
* For Undergraduate – 3 years (4 years in Scotland)
* For Postgraduate – 1 year
PART-TIME WORK ENTITLEMENT
|Type of Institute/Level of course||Post Graduate Courses||Undergraduate Degree||Below UG Degree Level; Diploma||Dependant|
|Universities with tier 4 license||Can work 20 hours during study time and full time during holidays.||Can work 20 hours during study time and full time during holidays.||
Can Work 10 hours during
Study time and full time
Allowed for course
more than12 month
with NQF Level 7
|Publicly Funded Colleges Of Further Higher Education||Cannot work part-time||Cannot work part-time||Cannot work part-time||Cannot work part-time|
|Private Funded Colleges Of Further Higher Education Which are Highly trusted||Cannot work part-time||Cannot work part-time||Cannot work part-time||Cannot work part-time|
IELTS: International English Learning Testing System
In general, the English Language requirement as per UKVI is CEFR (Common European
The framework of Reference for Languages) Level B2 which is as mentioned below:-
* Minimum 5.5 Overall with 5.5 in each section in IELTS
* Although UKVI requirement is IELTS 5.5 overall but most of the UK Universities require
* Students with IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 overall with minimum 5.5 in each section.
* IELTS waiver is available, In most of the universities if the student has secured more than 65% – 70% Marks in 12TH English.
UK Universities have two major intakes:
However, some universities have intakes in March, April and November also.
Time Schedule for the UK for September Intake:-
IELTS Coaching : April
Give IELTS Exams : May
IELTS Results : End May
Applications for Sept Intake : April, May, June, July
Offer Letters : May, June, July
Prepare & Apply for Visa : July, August
Fly to UK : September
Time Schedule for the UK for January intake:-
IELTS Coaching : June, July
Give IELTS Exams : July
IELTS Results : End of July
Applications for Jan Intake : July, August, September, October, Nov
Offer Letters : August, September, October, November
Prepare & Apply for Visa : November, December
Fly to UK : January
Cost Structure of 1 Year of Education in the UK
|Exam Fees||12,650 or 18,500(for UKVI IELTS|
|NHS Health Surcharge(£150 per year+£75)||20,000|
|Less Part-Time Earnings||5,75,000|
|Nature of Part-Time Jobs||
Off-Campus 20 hours per week.
During vacation 40 hours per week
|Money to be Spent by Student 13,00,000|
Sources of Finance
Self-funded – Parents
Loans – from nationalized banks or private sector banks. A guarantor or collateral security is required. Interest rates are low and repayment begins after completion of the program.
Employment – Current immigration regulations permit students to work part-time (20 hours a week and 40 hours during vacation.)
Earnings through part-time work
Students going for a Masters level course gets 16 months visa. She/he has to attend regular college for 9 months during this period she/he can work only for 20 hours a week and during 3 months of vacation and 4 months of the extended period she/he can work for 40 hours a week. Minimum wages or salary per hour is 7.05 GBP per hour so she/he can earn by doing part-time work as per the calculation shown below.
9 m x 4 w x 20 hrs x £7.38 = £5313.6
7 m x 4 w x 40 hrs x £7.38 = £8265.6
Total Earning through part-time work £13579.2 (12 Lakhs approx)
Entry Criteria for Masters
|Type of University||Entry Requirements|
High Ranked Universities
60% – 70% in Graduation
Middle Ranked Universities
55 – 65%
Low Ranked Universities
|50 – 55% in Graduation|
For Pre-Masters, student needs to have UKVI IELTS
Entry Criteria for Bachelors Programmed
|Type of University||Entry Requirements|
|High Ranked Universities||70% – 85% in class 12TH|
60% – 70% in class 12Th
|Low Ranked Universities||
55% – 60% in class 12Th
- IELTS requirement ranges from 6.0-6.5 with no band less than 5.5 depending upon the course and university.
- For foundation, the student needs to have UKVI IELTS.